Moisture is caused by everyday living from cooking, cleaning, drying clothes and breathing. All of these factors contribute to moisture within the air and cause high humidity levels which will in turn find a dew point and sit on the surface of cold and poor ventilated areas of the home causing surface water to occur which in will cause black mould to grow.

This can be avoided by applying good heating levels to the property and trying to ventilate as much as possible.

In the event that this does not work there is a number of treatments we can offer such as acid wash and specialist chemical repainting of areas prone to mould and fungus which will prevent these areas of mould returning and we also offer positive ventilation units know as PIV units. These operate continuously ventilating fresh air around the home reducing humidity level and preventing mould growth.

Please contact A1 Building Services for further information on both of these treatments.

Have Questions? Contact A1 Building Services For Details.